Saturday 11 August 2012

CASology #5 - Pond

This week's cue card at CASology  is "Pond"

Oh dear, everything I could find in my craft box with a pond theme really didn't lend itself to the Clean and Simple style!

Then I rememberd an old Linda Luckin stamp that was tucked away in my "semi retired favourites" box, the place where old friends live until I decide to revisit them. So out it came. I brayered a background in shades of blue then stamped the image over it in Memento ink and cut it out.

All the card needed to was a little border in the same shades of blue, inverted to stop it from looking too bottom-heavy.


The snag is, now I've started looking through my box of old stamps, I want to bring them ALL back into use...... and I just don't have the space!

3 comments:

Ardyth said...

Don't let the stamp companies hear you - but I agree that shopping your own stash yields marvelous possibilities! Love the drama of the stark black on the varied blue background - thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Melissa said...

This is absolutely stunning! LOVE the beautiful blue and the simple addition of the border...perfect! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week! :)

Rosemary said...

stunning card... that image is so beautiful, the color combo is gorgeous and the design... fabulous!! thanks for playing along with CASology!!