Tuesday 5 November 2013

Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus

A few weeks ago I spotted this yummy looking recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus on Recipes from a Pantry and bookmarked it for when I wanted a make-ahead meal. Last week I had just such a day - a free morning before a hectic afternoon, so I made the  hummus in the morning and paired it with some home made pitta bread from the freezer. That just left me with a few minutes' work preparing a bowl of crudités to serve with it.

I was in such a rush that evening I forgot to take a photo - fortunately there was some left to have with a slice of granary toast next day, hence the lack of pitta bread in the pics.



I've not experimented with adding things to a standard hummus before, but the squash was a great success - it made it smoother than ever and added a hint of sweetness to it. Definitely one to be repeated (although maybe not on such a wet, windy evening...... perhaps I should have made soup instead).

I'm joining in with Bookmarked Recipes at Tinned Tomatoes

2 comments:

Bintu @ Recipes From A Pantry said...

Hey Jane, thanks sooooooo much for featuring this recipe here. I am very glad you liked it.
Bintu

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

That looks gorgeous Jane! I am craving it right now, it's that dangerous time between lunch and dinner.

Thanks for entering it into Bookmarked recipes, the roundup is now up.