Monday 16 June 2014

Off the Edge

This week at less is More it's a One Layer challenge, with the theme "Off the Edge"

I always find the one layer challenges the hardest because there's nowhere to hide, no way to cover up mistakes. Which is why right now my recycling bin is bulging.... I don't know WHY I put up so much resistance to the idea of using my stamp positioner, as soon as I brought it into action everything started to go right!

I've gone "off the edge" twice really - once on the left by stamping the dragonfly off the edge of the card,  and on the right by stamping it within the card then cutting away the right hand 3 cm of card, cutting around the dragonfly's wing, then sponging a border of shades of blue on the inside to show through when the  card is closed.



4 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fabulous card and you wouldn't know you'd hit the recycle bin - it's simply perfect.
Great stamp, great positioning and great colours.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

I use my stamp positioner.... a few Duplo blocks... but they work really well!
This is simply terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

AMAZING colours to those wings, what a fabulous design!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Linda said...

WOW!! Love this 'off the edge' design .... those dragonflies look amazing!
Linda xx
LIM Guest Designer