Sunday 20 July 2014

The School Run

For many parents in the UK, school term has just ended or is about to end - and that means a few weeks away from the school run. So I thought I'd share a couple of my La Pashe DT cards to celebrate! They are both made with papers and decoupage from the CD Flippin' Families.






The first is made using acetate, with each piece backed on the reverse of the acetate with an identical sized piece of plain card. This hides all the adhesive and gives the sender somewhere to write!

The second is meant to look as if the viewer is looking out through a car windscreen. The card is a black aperture card, with an acetate "window" and I cut the traffic light motif out twice from one of the backing papers and stuck them back to back with a little gold thread in between, sticking it to the top of the window to look like one of those popular traffic light shaped car air fresheners.

I'm sharing the End of Term sigh of relief with Make My Monday.

4 comments:

Joan said...

Wow, wonderful cards!! Love all the details! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday, Joan DT

Marina said...

Two happy cards with loads of great design ideas - I particularly like the use of acetate. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

Jacqueline said...

What a gorgeous card - thanks so much for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

Fliss said...

These are both really lovely and the image is great.
Thanks for joining in with our MMM challenge.
Fliss x