Friday 1 August 2014

Unfinished Symphony

This project has been sitting around part finished on my craft mat for several days - I got the two stamped panels in place and had intended adding just one butterfly, on the Chinese text background, and a couple of metal Chinese fan embellishments, but no matter how I moved the various elements around I couldn't find  an arrangement that didn't look clumsy.

So instead I stamped a second butterfly and dropped the fan idea. It seems lighter and less cluttered now, and I like the positioning of the butterflies - the Chinese fans were just too heavy for the colour scheme.


 
 
I'm playing along with the following challenges:
 
Craft Room Challenge - Green photo inspiration 
Addicted to Stamps and More  - #106 Anything Goes  
Make My Monday - Butterflies
Butterfly Challenge - #12 Summertime Butterflies
 

7 comments:

sandie said...

This is a very pretty project and the colour scheme is perfect. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You solved your problem perfectly and created a beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing with us at ATSM. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Mrs A. said...

I love all things Japanese so your card is a sure fire hit with me. I love the panels and how youv'e positioned them. Butterflies look perfect and I adore the little stamped row of umbrellas. Thankyou for fluttering by #12. Hugs Mrs A.

Rahmat said...

Oh I love the Chinese characters on your card, gives a home feeling to me....and love the color scheme too. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Zoechaos said...

Lovely project Jane and I can see so many elements drawn from Debi's fantastic inspiration board. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Debi said...

Jane, thanks for letting us inspire you to finish your project, Thanks for sharing at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Cara said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this with us on Mrs. A's butterfly Challenge! (Hugs) Cara