Saturday 20 September 2014

Tagging along

I love using Kraft for tags, it reminds me of the traditional brown parcel tags which were the start of it all! So I was delighted to see that the current challenge at The Kraft Journal is Tag, You're It!


For this tag I've cut a large tag and die cut and embossed a smaller one from Kraft card. The large flower too  is die cut and embossed. I covered the lower half of the main tag with reproduction France vintage newsprint and inked the edges, lightly inking the embossed tag so that the zigzags stood out. I used a water based ink for stamping on the wooden tag and wish I hadn't now because the colour has run a bit, although it looks worse on the photo - in real life it just adds to the aged look of the tag. I only had a very white piece of lace of the right size so I dabbed it very lightly with distress ink to age it a little.

1 comment:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is fabulous use of your kraft products, Jane. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Karen
The Kraft Journal