Monday 24 November 2014

Parting with an old favourite

When I bought this Hot Off The Press Christmas pad, probably a decade ago, a friend asked me if I'd used any of it and my answer was "Of course not, I haven't finished stroking it yet!". I'm sure you all know exactly what I mean, sometimes papers seem just too good to cut into. But cut into them I eventually did, and the pad that started off with around 150 sheets is now down to about a dozen uncut sheets and a large bundle of snippets. There are still a few of the printed acetate sentiments left, and I've combined one of those, mounted on white card, with a selection of the snippets and (shock, horror) one of the uncut sheets for the background.


I've used this week's sketch at Sketch Saturdays for the layout. I think the simple block design and the muted colours of paper give it a very masculine feel even though one of the papers is a chintz design.


All those snippets mean I'm playing at the Snippets Playground too (oh Blogger, why have you suddenly changed my font in the middle of a post?)  and with so much patterned paper, I'm also heading over to Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge
This week's challenge at Winter Wonderland is Let's Get Sentimental and at Ooh La La Creations it is Christmas  so I'm playing there too.

8 comments:

Liz said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who strokes papers for years before I force myself to use some of them! LOL! Love your card. :-) xx

Di said...

Ha, ha - another paper stroker here too :) Super card Jane, really striking!

Hugs

Di xx

Alli Devine said...

I know exactly what you mean about stroking papers I have several in my stash that I bring out to use and they go back in untouched because they are just too gorgeous to cut into. I love your card and the panels made from the snippets look fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations. Alli xx

Sarn said...

Yep . . . another paper stroker here too. FAB card xxx

Cathy P said...

Such a cute card! I can see why it spent so long in your paper collection! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Cathy xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A gorgeous design with these beautiful papers, I love the panels! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Winter Wonderland - good luck!
Rebecca.

scrappymo! said...

I do know exactly what you mean. I save papers and collections too! I have a sneaking suspicion that many others do too...teehee

Great card. Love that you used your snippets for this one and you are right...it does have a great, masculine feel.

Vannessa said...

Great card. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't use patterned papers because they are too pretty! Thank you for joining in the Sketch Saturday challenge this time.

Hugs, Vannessa
Sketch Saturday DT