Saturday 8 November 2014

Snowman shaker card

This week's challenge at Winter Wonderland is "Frosty the Snowman" and I've really dug deep into my stash and pulled out some oldies for this card. The snow globe card is one that had originally been designed for Iris folding, but I thought it would work well as a shaker card. I stuck acetate over the back of the aperture then surrounded it with foam tape, making sure there were no gaps.

The snowman himself is a very old stamp from Dimension Fourth. I stamped, embossed and coloured him then piled some silvery star and snowflake sequins on top of him and placed the aperture over it all. I backed everything with card to cover all the edges, then added emphasis to the aperture with a peel off border, which I used around the edge of the card too.

The whole card has a retro feel about it, reminiscent of crafting styles popular about 10-15 years ago. But Christmas is a time to be old-fashioned, isn't it?



2 comments:

gail said...

Lovely card, love your shaker window. Gail

susiestacey said...

Lovely card and a fab Snowman.
Thank you for sharing at Winter Wonderland 'Frosty The Snowman' Challenge and good luck x Susan x