Wednesday 1 April 2015

Crafting Outside My Comfort Zone

I know that lots of crafters love colouring in, shading, pretty designs and cute little girls with their pets, but it's a style of crafting I'm not really comfortable with. I am really not very good at pretty! But today I won some Whoopsi Daisy images in the Clear It Out challenge and decided to have a play with one of them. I resized the image so it would look CAS on a 15cm square card, and drew some lines to act as borders (no, I'm not really good at keeping lines parallel...... I found an old ruler with a double slit along the centre and used that!) then tackled the colouring in. I think it's the first time I've attempted hair! The Happy Birthday is an old stamp - I think it may have been a magazine freebie.


I'm sharing this with

Addicted to CAS - Cute
Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge - C is for Cute and Cuddly
Allsorts Challenge - Feature a Creature
 

6 comments:

Jackie Allum said...

That's really lovely. Looks more like watercolouring than colouring in. Gives a much better effect than digital colouring although I still can't get my head around stamping which is a shame as there are so many lovely ones out there.

Wendy L said...

A wonderfu CAS and a cute card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Unknown said...

Looks great Jane, I've not tried this this style either yet but you've inspired me, so now must find time to open my spectrum noir pens and give it a go...if my first attempt comes close to yours I'll be so pleased! x

stressfreestamping said...

Cute little doggie and girl image! I think your coloring is just fine and you should keep at it! Thanks for sharing your CAS card with us at ATCAS. :)

Jaydee said...

What an adorable image and beautifully colored! I think you did a great job! So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card in our 'anything goes' challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges. This is such a nice project, full of lovely details. I hope you will visit us again soon!
Hugs,
Anna xxx