Sunday 31 May 2015

It's that CD again!

Regular visitors will know about the Love/Hate relationship I have with Joanna Sheen's "Viva la Divas" CD. I love the images on it - they often make me laugh out loud. And yet they just aren't very versatile - they seem to have been designed just to plonk on a card and call it a finished item. However I keep on plugging away with it, in the hope that if I use it enough, I'll learn to love it.

This is one of my very favourite images from the CD. I love the sentiment - after all, what woman has never dreamed of being a femme fatale - even if just for one day? And that necklace, earrings and gown are just crying out to have a bit of bling added, which makes it ideal for the CD Sunday challenge Add some bling or glitter.

I've gone really over the top with the bling on this, firstly sketching over various parts of the image with a glue pen and adding different colours of glitter to match the printed colours, then layering everything on holographic card, edging the whole lot with peel offs and finally adding some sparkly hearts. A real bling-fest, and a massive departure from the  clean and simple styles I'm generally moving towards these days.


6 comments:

starcyl said...

Wow Jane, you've got so much sparkle on here I need sunglasses! I know what you mean about this cd but I guess it's a boon if you need a card in a hurry. Thanks for your continued support at CD Sunday.

Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Marina said...

Yes 'fabulous' is the word ! It looks great all blinged up. Yes, there is such a variation in CDs from the ones that are very versatile to the 'print off a topper' type. I do like Debbi Moore's 'glamour' CDs, but it's very hard to end up with something that doesn't just look like a Debbi Moore card. So anyway - this is great!

Wynn said...

You've certainly entered into the spirit of the challenge with this one Jane. A true sparkler. I love the sentiment....made me smile. Thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday. Wy,nn DT

sue-b said...

Well bling I asked for and bling I've got, just fabulous Darling. You have certainly transformed this Viva la Diva.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
sue-b DT xx

Jocelyn said...

Lots of wonderful sparkles - great card.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Lovely blingy card Jane. I agree with your comments re Cd. It is one I very rarely go to.
Thanks for your continued support.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT