Thursday 18 June 2015

Inspired by an English Country Garden #4

Yes, folks, I'm back in those lovely cottage gardens for this post. This time I've been thinking about the lovely wild garden areas that several of the gardens included. It's lovely to see that gardeners, local councils and farmers are now helping to preserve the wild flowers and grasses that our butterflies, bees and other insects love. And they look beautiful too!

The ones we saw were studded with poppies, buttercups and ox-eye daisies. I did try adding white dots with a gel pen to represent the daisies, but couldn't get them to show up on the stamped background. However I've been collecting some ideas from my Facebook friends, so I may well be back in a few days' time with a revised version of this card.

The tiny punched butterflies represent the Chalk Hill Blue, which is often spotted around the area.


I am sharing this with

Butterfly Challenge - F is for Flowers
Addicted to Stamps and more - CAS - it's also their birthday so I made sure to include a birthday greeting!

4 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I didn't realise that was the name for the pretty little butterflies we see around our area. Love the wild hedgerow on your card. My garden is given over to the wild life and is a pleasure to sit in and watch the bees, butterflies and the birds go about their daily tasks.
There is an allotment plot not very far from us and it must have about 20 bee hives set up on it so we think that is where they are mostly coming from. Thankyou for fluttering by #33. Hugs Mrs A.

Liz said...

A beautiful card! I love the CAS design and the way you've added the fluttering butterflies over the wild flowers. xx

(Trying to catch up with visiting my favourite blogs. Going on holiday for a week, then working for a few days has really put me behind! )

My Paper Cat said...

What an absolutely delightful card. English gardens certainly do hold a charm all of their own and I think you have captured it here perfectly. Thanks for playing along at butterfly challenge this fortnight. Glenda

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such delicate stamping Jane, so pretty :)