Monday 24 August 2015

It's what's on the inside that counts......

This week the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers want to see images only, no sentiments, on the outside of our cards. Now I very often make cards with no sentiment - probably more often than not - but being an awkward bu$$er as soon as I'm told not to use something I want to use it. So I had to discard about a dozen ideas until I stopped and thought - no sentiment on the outside doesn't stop there from being one on the INSIDE, does it?

For the outside of the card, I used a Paper Artsy stamp for the background, lining it up with a stamp positioner and filling the whole surface. It's not a stamp that's intended to join up to form a repeat image, so it doesn't line up 100% but as I knew I was going to add more stamping over it that didn't worry me too much. Then I used old unmounted stamps from my stash to add the stars and champagne bottles. I think the overall effect looks very much like the way your head feels after a few too many drinks. or is that just me?

The image is from the same Paper Artsy set. I think it used to say Movie Star along the bottom but I didn't like that bit so I chopped it off and threw it away.


Then I moved on to the inside - I knew what I wanted to say but I didn't have the stamp to say it, so I made a computer generated message, fiddling about with the RGB settings until I got the shade of green I wanted:


I know *exactly* who I'm going to send this to.....

9 comments:

Chris Dring said...

This is such a cool card! Love all the stamping on the front and that snarky sentiment on the inside! I have quite a few people in my life who I could send this too also! LOL! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, love the image and the bg stamp. I agree I often leave sentiments off but as soon as I got the challenge it was difficult. thanks for playing along with us at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the Image only challenge.

Liz said...

Very eye-catching! Love the sentiment on the inside too! xx

Lindsey said...

I was sure that panel was patterned paper! It's awesome. As is the perfect sentiment you came up with. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

This looks like my kind of dysFUNctional! Brilliant card with the stamping and the sentiment (on the inside). It's also nice to know that there are others out there who hate being told what to do! Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stamper's Image only challenge!

Donna said...

Fantastic!!! Awesome image only card! Thanks so much for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our "I is for Image" challenge!!

Linda Gibbons said...

Oh, Party!!! Love this classy card, and the sentiment made me laugh.

Linda Gibbons said...

Oh, Party!!! Love this classy card, and the sentiment made me laugh.

Karen Schroeder said...

Love your card...great color combo! Thanks for joining us at SoSS.