Saturday 1 August 2015

NOT a card for a change!

A few days ago, the lovely Debs at Dots, Dashes, Doodles and Dreams published this great tutorial for making a notebook and pen holder. I just HAD to give it a go, using some beautiful Graphic 45 papers and stickers from the Artisan Style collection.

I used Pinflair glue to give a little height to the flower image that I decoupaged from one of the other papers in the set, but taking the glue right to the edges to avoid the motif getting damaged when the book is in use. If you are making one of these book covers and anticipate heavy use, it would be best to keep everything completely flat so there are no free edges to catch.



I'm playing along at Make My Monday where this week's challenge is Flowers, and making a VERY last minute entry to Anything But a Card where the challenge is #49 Anything Goes.

4 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

That's gorgeous Jane and I love the way you've made a matching pen. What a great gift idea :)

Christi Conley said...

Stunning make my friend!!! xoxo

Dots Dashes Doodles & Dreams said...

Love the G45 papaper you have used, I have yet to cut into my Artisan Style paper pad. if anyone else would like to give it a go, please feel free to pop along to : http://debsdotsdashes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/tutorial-for-notepad-and-pen-holder.html?showComment=1438435034349#c8486162087502673902 - crafty hugs Debs xx

Suzi B said...

So lovely, gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at MMM
Suzi B DT x