Sunday 27 March 2016

Hello again, Hunkydory

Every now and then I set myself a personal challenge to lift out all my old kits and make three cards using each. I've been doing it for years and it's a great way of restoring a lost mojo, building up a supply of cards to sell for charity and stopping myself from feeling guilty about all the kits I've bought and hardly touched. Kits look so attractive when a TV presenter is flicking through the contents and showing samples, don't they? But 9 times out of 10 you get them home and find there is too much in them for your needs, or they stifle your creativity rather than encouraging it, or even that the card and paper is just too lovely to cut in to.

I find that ALL of the above tends to apply to Hunkydory kits, and yet I'd bought several of them before I realised that I have a problem with kits!

Anyway, I got a couple of them that I have merged together out this weekend and have been trying to do something a bit more creative than I usually do with them. I think the backgrounds and toppers are a mix-and-match selection from both kits. I can't remember the names of the kits, I've had them for years! Here are the three cards I made from it.




I am sharing these with the Flowers challenge at Fab'n'Funky.

3 comments:

Cara said...

I'm not admitting to how many unused kits I have lurking about. You've made a great job of those cards and added your own style to the kits. Cara x

KandA said...

These are fantastic cards Jane and the Hunkydory kits are so pretty I can see why you're so tempted to buy them xx

MaryH said...

You're so right on the kits. I've many that I bought after taking classes, and they are still in the packaging. So good for you at this resolve. It certainly worked awesomely to create these 3 beauties. Each one is just gorgeous, and I bet you had loads of fun choosing the different elements from several kits. Can't decide which I like best, but hmmm...might lean towards #1, just because of the marvelous pink roses. Each one is a breath of warm spring. TFS