Tuesday 25 October 2016

Cards with Movement at Cardz 4 Guyz

Today for the latest challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz we would like to see cards with movement. It might be a slider card, or a spinner card, or any kind of kinetic card.

I chose to make a magic window card (and I wouldn't be giving too much away if I were to say that I'm not the only member of the DT to have done so!). The finished card has an uncoloured image:


But pull the tab and - hey presto! - the image is coloured in!!!


The instructions that I used were printed off from an email I received back in 1999 and have been meaning to try ever since.... and they didn't work. So I ended up spending an afternoon watching You Tube videos to try to understand exactly what gets stuck to what, and where it gets stuck. It's worth it, though, for the impressive result, and I'm crossing my fingers that one of my teamies will have provided a link to some easier-to-understand instructions.

The main image stamp is by Crafty Individuals, the cogs and gears are various stamps from my stash and the background card is covered with pieces torn from a sheet of tissue printed with vintage advertisements.

I am sharing this with
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes 
Use Your Stuff - Heritage  -  because of the vintage balloon image and the vintage advertising paper

10 comments:

Cazro said...

A fabulous card Jane, I love the magic sliding car. Thanks so much for your continued support. Caz DT.

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, these are so tedious to do. Not that I've made many but they are so impressive.

missgailly said...

Cool! Love that hot air balloon. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Barb said...

A Fantastic Card Jane. I made an ATC some years ago but it didn't look anywgere as impressive as your great card. Love all the stamping too. Barbxx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at UYS, good luck!!! Amy DT

Janis Lewis said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff. ~DT Janis

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous technique and great image and paper
Carol x

Creative world said...

Gorgeous card, awesome project and love your design paper...Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion challenge this week
Zeljka DT xx

MarĂ­a Pilar said...

Beautiful card. So original! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff Challenge.
Maria Pilar DT

SweetScraps said...

Thank you for entering my Heritage challenge at Use Your Stuff! Your card is gorgeous and unique. Be sure to come share with us again soon!