Saturday 7 January 2017

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge #75 - Stencils

It's time for our first challenge of 2017 at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and Edna wants us to use Stencils.

Image may contain: text

I'm pretty new to stencils, in fact until the BJ Crafts Day last summer I didn't actually own any, but this brick wall is one of the stencils I bought that day.


I've stencilled it in brick red onto vaguely mortar coloured card. then torn the edges to give it a rough "street" look. I stamped graffiti using random sentiments from a Rubber Dance set over the wall and embossed them with clear powder, to give a shiny paint effect that you can't really see in the photo,  then added the sulky teenager (a Crafters Companion Stamp, coloured with Promarkers - her hair is blue because I'm sick of trying to make hair look natural so I decided to go for the unnatural) and a Dylusions sentiment.

Do you remember a teenager character that used to appear on TV sketch shows some years ago? I was going to say "a couple of" years ago but then I remembered it was while Tony Blair was Prime Minister as he was roped in to do a sketch for Comic Relief one year with this character, so it must have been at least 10 years ago. Time seems to fly!  I can't remember the name of the character or comedian (possibly Catherine Tate) but she used to sulk around saying "I'm not even bovvered. Look at this face - do I look like I'm bovvered?"  and the memory of that was the inspiration for this card. Which is probably far more information than you needed, but I'm feeling generous so I shared it. I think I would send this card to a parent of a grumpy teenager, to remind them they are not alone.

I am sharing this with
Crafty Creations Challenge - Anything Goes
Loves to Craft - Anything Goes

12 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A great card Jane, I remember the series well and it was Catherine Tate that you are thinking about.

Sue xx

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Jane, great card, Sistah! Yes, it was Catherine Tate... And how fed-up did I get with having kids in the library using that phrase???? Great card, hun, love the stenciled wall, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Super card Jane, fab. job with the stencil. I so wish I had had more time this week. Sometimes I feel the same way about colouring hair.

Chris Dring said...

This card is fabulous!! Love the ticked off look on her face, and your stenciled brick background with the 'graffiti' is perfect!

Lindsey said...

Totally street-looking! And her blue hair is perfect. Love the graffiti too — I'm never sure what to do with those smaller stamps in that set, so I tend to stick to the longer, snarlier ones. ;)

Bibi Lindahl said...

Super cool card! Love the brick stencil! Fun to see how you've used our texts from Sarcastic Superpower, it certainly looks like graffiti!! Awesome! ♥

Michele K. Henderson said...

Funny card! I love the unusual shaped brick wall background! Looks awesome!
Have a great 2017!
Michele

Donna said...

Awesome card sistah! Love that brick wall stencil!
And she is totally all blah blah blah and WTF
I have that stamp set and have never thought to use it like you did to enhance the background! Fab job!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the brick wall stencil,all the brilliant graffiti stamps and beautifully coloured image-the hair looks great
Carol x

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for our January challenge 6 at Love to Craft, Hazel, DT x

Anushree Vaish said...

Lovely Jane..thnks for playing at Craftycreationschallenge.
Anushree(Dt)

Anna-Karin said...

Cool card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT