Thursday 6 April 2017

Watch the Birdie!

I always think this grumpy cat image, one of Katzelkraft's "Les Chats Russes" stamps,  looks a bit like a prison mugshot.


I thought I would emphasize that fact by putting him in a photo frame, but the slide mounts I had were too small. However I did have some Polaroid-style frames, but they are printed all over with pink and red lips. I was about to experiment with covering one with white paper to see if I could stop the design from showing through, when I realised I didn't need to - I simply turned the frame over and used the back.

I stamped the cat in memento ink and  coloured it with Promarkers, then added the frame and put it onto a card that had been covered all over with green paper. The sentiment is  computer generated. I think most cat lovers will understand.

I am sharing this with
The Crafters Café - Make us Laugh
Use Your Stuff - Polaroids
Addicted to CAS - Smile  
Show us your pussies - Furrything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Challenge 1

16 comments:

Cara said...

Hilarious! I've made a selfie frame in the past using a rectangular die and a smaller square die. Cara x

creationsnz said...

Too true! Great entry in our Make Us Laugh challenge at the Crafters Café, CarolG

Sue - said...

I do love those cats!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I know this cat! I'm sure s/he lives at my house. lol Thanks, Jane, for playing again in our "critters" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
NanaConnie DT

missgailly said...

Too funny! Just like our cat. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Jane. Great image and the sentiment really made me smile. xx

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card and truer words were never spoken!! fab. use of the frame.

Barb said...

A super card. I love that sassy cat and a great sentiment. Barbxx

Lori said...

This is so cute! Love the cat stamp and that sentiment! Thanks so much for joining our Polaroid challenge at Use Your Stuff! -Lori DT

ElizStewart said...

Wicked cute!!!

cass said...

Wonderful card, love the sentiment and so true. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Make Us Laugh" challenge.

Amy Lane said...

Love the grumpy cat image. What a clever way to use something in your stash and make it work! Thanks for the UYS entry.

ike said...

Hahaha - what a fabulously funny card and soooo true !! :-D Great idea with the photo frame. Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP CATS CHALLENGES :-)

IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Sian said...

Hahah! This is brilliant! I love the expression on his face.

Bobby said...

What a fun card, Jane. I think the word 'smile' was meant for the cat, but he made ME smile. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

Jaydee said...

My favorite cat from my favorite set. really makes me smile. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee