Thursday 5 October 2017

A witch and her beasts

Sorting out some stash recently I came across some huge and very beautiful sheets of Thai hand made paper, all still untouched. I really can't remember whether I bought them when I went to Bangkok back in 1998 or whether a friend brought them back for me a couple of year later. Probably some of each. Anyway, I had to have a play and used one for the background of this card. I cut it quite roughly and intended to distress the edge too, as the gold finish stopped it from tearing when wet as these papers often do, but when I tried to distress it, it refused to budge.


The image is from a set of miniature vintage reproductions, the sentiment is from Rubber Dance and the buttons from a goody bag. I can't remember the brand of the cat die!

This is my entry for this month's Naughty or Nice challenge - Something Spooky.

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a great find in your stash, Jane! Thanks so much for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges, Jo x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at NoN, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cara said...

Just fabulous!

Lindsey said...

This is awesome, Jane! I particularly like that you took some gorgeous paper and then used it for a snarky/naughty card. :D Everything works so well together! Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges.