Thursday 2 November 2017

Night Owl

I've not used this set of owl stamps for years - I think they are Woodware designs but probably discontinued now. Actually I've had them so long they could well have made a come-back...


They often say that owls look like cats, and this one certainly does doesn't it? I used the Misti to arrange the star and swirl clusters evenly around the card. The image is coloured with Promarkers and all the stars with a silver glitter gel pen. The image was cut out and matted (with dark blue, not black as it looks on the photo) with Nesties, and the sentiment is from a Spellbinders set, cut twice, once in dark blue and once in silver, and stuck down very slightly offset so that the dark blue creates a shadow to make the letters look thicker than they really are.

I am sharing this with
A bit more time to craft - Anything Goes
Cuttlebugmania - Thanks
Little Red Wagon - Owl about me

8 comments:

Joan said...

Love that owl Jane. lovely card

Unknown said...

Love your card, great image and love the sparkly stars
Hugs Kaz x

Barb said...

I love this and the owl is so sweet. Great work with your Misti. Barbxx

Liz said...

How could you have neglected this stamp set for so long, Jane?! Super card and a great design. x

Tracy Welham said...

Fantastic! Woodware stamps are among my favourites. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous image and beautiful card

Cara said...

Great card, love how you added the sentiment x

Kate said...

Your card looks so sharp! I love the striking look of the bright colours against the swirls.

I've never thought about owls looking like cats - but yours certainly does!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper